Thursday, March 20, 2008

23 Skidoo!

I really appreciate the opportunity to experience all of these exercises and sites. As I said in an earlier post, the most important thing I think we should all take from this journey is to remain open minded about the potential for all of these applications. We could put the feed for the Nancy Pearl podcast on the page with the text reviews, or create our own content for book reviews or news about upcoming events. The possibilities are endless once we have the technical ability to get them on our library web site. I also think we should keep reviewing the social software sites for marketing opportunities for the library. We have an entry in Wikipedia but what about on FaceBook or YouTube or MySpace or???? I learned when creating content for our web site that have links sprinkled in several places just increases the likelihood that someone will land on exactly [:)] what they need!

I do hope for future programs like this that the oversight committee reads the blogs and comments so that any questions that arise from individuals are addressed. That would be a big undertaking, but maybe everyone could be assigned to 3 o4 4 people to monitor.

I'll do this again for future learning purposes but I don't expect that I will be blogging anymore or visiting the sites for personal use. Just don't have time or enough interest. OverDrive will be an exception to this.

Thanks very much for putting this together, TACkies!

No comments: