Thursday, March 20, 2008

OverDrive is Us!

Well, I am quite familiar with OverDrive and the problems our patrons have with it via the plethora of questions we receive on QuestionPoint. The reality is that we have over 1500 successful downloads every month so we know it is working and working well for most people. I had a call this week from a young lady who is a resident of our area but is away at college out of state. She is using OverDrive from her dorm room and finding it very wonderful! Talk about a virtual experience! :-) I got an MP3 player over 6 months ago and always intended to download something but never have--amazing how life gets in the way. There are lots of titles in the audio books section that I would use--just need to do it! Maybe when I get the new MP3 player from this exercise I will have one for music and one for audio books. Ah, technology--so much to do, so little time! Besides, which I still have to watch at least 8 episodes of Law & Order a week or I go through withdrawal.




Also, great, great news is coming at PLA--OverDrive will soon be compatible with iPods. Yahoo!

No comments: